Saturday, August 8, 2009

Use of Cinema in Museums

For readings this week we were assigned to read an article posted on Blackboard. This article discussed the importance of video art in museums and how informative it can be. I am not sure if I have ever seen video art in a museum, I have watched informative videos at history museums, or documentary type videos in museums but I'm not sure if that is what this article was talking about. I do enjoy cinema technology in museums however, I feel like they are easy and informative ways to learn about many different sorts of things.

In Hawaii I went to a marine and wildlife museum and I got to watch interesting documentaries about whales, dolphins, and other marine mammals. Video art is a very affective way of getting information across to a wide array of audiences. I feel like emotion is easily expressed and shared through the cinema and can touch people the easiest. I think that I might be affected easiest by the cinema. I get emotional sometimes when i'm in the right mood and when I hear an amazing song, or even when i see an amazing dance or musical. However I can cry easily in movies no matter what mood i'm in because movies put their audiences into the right mood. I can get into movies really easily so i get emotional in movies very easily. I am very greatfull that movies evolved into what they are today. They are such a fun pass time and I feel like my life is enriched from many of the movies I've seen throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment