Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 7 in Class


This week in class we talked about Cinema. I was very surprised at how much goes into making a movie. I honestly didn't think there would be so much that went into it! The parts I loved talking about most were the different types of camera angles. Its really fascinating to me that every shot in a movie is chosen for a specific reason. I especially like that we got to watch different examples of the camera shots, and analyze them. My favorite was movie clip we watched was the one from the Life of Brian. I liked analyzing the camera angles but I also liked it because it was really funny! I feel like learning these different things about cinema are the most useful things we have learned in this class. Probably because I probably watch at least 2 or 3 movies a week, so I can use the information I use often. I have always loved to analyze movies and their deeper meanings. One of my favorite movies ever is Hook. I love that movie because when I was younger I watched it because I thought it was cool and a good movie, but now that I'm older I continue to find things in it that I never noticed before, or that mean something different to me now then it did when I was little.
The other thing that I liked about this week was when we got to watch the first movies that were made. The Great Train Robbery was really interesting. I loved to watch the special effects, like when they would punch each other, but if you watched closely they wouldn't even get near each other. And the best part was when one of the robbers beat up one of the train conductors and through him off of the train, but it was just a limp doll! haha I really liked that part. The other movie that was neat was A Trip to the Moon. That one had really good special affects as well! But honestly, the first movies were really impressive, especially because no one had ever done or seen anything like them. It was weird to hear that when the movies first came out people were scared of them, and that people got so scared when the bandit shoots into the audience at the end of The Great Train Robbery. But then I guess if I had never seen a movie before I would be a little freaked out by it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment