Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm excited now!

After reading the assigned reading in the text for class today (Wednesday) I am really excited to begin studying Humanities!!!  There were so many interesting things in the first 4 chapters... and that is only the introduction to the course!  The book did a very good job of convincing me of the importance of Humanities to the human race.  With out the humanites we would not be where we are today, scientifically or socially. 
I found the section on the Sophic and Mantic sides of man to be very interesting.  Mainly because my fiance and I were just discussing how we were different in the way that we thought about the world around us, and now I can put words to our different brain types!  He is definitely a Sophic thinker! haha! He is very analytical and practical in the way that he approaches decisions, and he is very good at legistics... he can see the small details that need to be done and get them done.  This is very good! mainly because I am the oposite of this! haha I am the mantic one in the relationship.  I am very emotional in the way that I approach decisions.  I tend to act through my heart, and my instinct.  Not necessarily my head.  This can be a good thing in some instances... for example I am able to sympathize with people very easily... I can also follow ideas and feeling much easier without needing physical proof to back them up.  But it can also be a bad thing... I let my emotions get the best of me in many situations and I have a hard time admitting i'm wrong when I feel very strongly about things... even when I really am wrong! haha But i'm working on it and hopefully one day I'll get better at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment